Hearken to the Weekly Wrap right here or subscribe on Apple Podcasts or Stitcher. In case you benefit from the present, please take a second to price it or submit a overview.
And that’s a wrap of the week ending Nov. eight, 2019
This week I’m fascinated by how we will extra precisely predict which profession strikes will result in future happiness. I share an article that implies complying with privateness laws presents a aggressive benefit. I discuss with Brad Berens, chief technique officer on the Heart for the Digital Future at USC Annenberg, about considering exponentially moderately than incrementally in regards to the future. Lastly, I share an article about what it means to play the lengthy sport in terms of content material advertising and marketing.
Hearken to the Weekly Wrap
The theme this week is the way forward for completely satisfied. (“It might seem crazy what I’m ’bout to say …”) Let’s wrap it up.
- One deep thought (2:13): A pal who works for a giant model is considering a transfer to the same job at an excellent greater model. One measure he’s utilizing to make the choice is a “future long-term happiness score.”
Considering a job transfer? Contemplate your future long-term happiness rating, says @Robert_Rose through @cmicontent. #WeeklyWrap Click on To Tweet
Many people have confronted the same dilemma. Most individuals battle to foretell what is going to make them completely satisfied sooner or later. Method again in 1973, a e book by minister and motivational speaker Robert H. Schuller steered three questions I at all times use as guideposts for making selections that have an effect on my future. On this phase, I clarify how you should use these inquiries to make the correct selections (the primary time) in your content material advertising and marketing profession.
- Bonus happy-making clip of the week (eight:23) You’ll should take heed to this one. It’s something however brief on allure.
- A contemporary tackle the information (9:14): An attention-grabbing information merchandise this week highlights a brand new examine that uncovered a stunning benefit to complying with the EU’s GDPR:
“According to a new report from Capgemini research, compliance with the EU’s GDPR has yielded a range of significant and perhaps unanticipated benefits, from increased consumer trust to better customer engagement and revenue growth. Overall, the researcher says that ‘GDPR-compliant organizations have outperformed non-compliant [companies] by an average of 20%.’”
#GDPR-compliant orgs outperformed non-compliant by a median 20%: @CapGemini analysis through @MarketingLand. @cmicontent #WeekWrap Click on To Tweet
GDPR and privateness are a aggressive benefit? Who’d have thought? I clarify extra about this and what it would imply as we glance to the same California Client Privateness Act, which takes impact in 2020.
Learn the complete story in MarketingLand.
- This week’s individual making a distinction in content material (13:00): This week, I spoke with an previous pal who’s obtained a pointy concentrate on know-how and its impression on our future. Brad Berens is chief technique officer on the Heart for the Digital Future at USC Annenberg and principal at Massive Digital Thought Consulting. In his wide-ranging profession, Brad has targeted on human conduct and storytelling. As of late, he divides his time amongst analysis and development recognizing. Hear in to this fascinating dialog, then study extra about Brad and his work:
- One content material advertising and marketing thought you should use (30:24): This week, I’d love so that you can take a look at an article in Chief Content material Officer that describes the attention-grabbing work Ben Rome is doing for the American Industrial Hygiene Affiliation. If that doesn’t instantly sound thrilling, simply wait till you dig into their content material advertising and marketing technique.
The article by Jonathan Crossfield explains how Ben developed the multi-award-winning #IHHeroes marketing campaign, a sequence of animations, comics, and associated content material designed to unfold consciousness of what industrial hygiene is basically about to excite and entice the following era of potential AIHA members.
#IHHeroes marketing campaign makes use of animation, comics, and so on. to draw subsequent gen of AIHA members through @BHRome. @cmicontent #WeeklyWrap Click on To Tweet
Learn Taking part in the Lengthy Recreation in CCO.
Be a part of me subsequent week as I’ve my “deja brew” and provide this present higher “latte” than by no means. I’ll ask one query that will help you “espresso” your emotions, discover a information merchandise that may get you grounded, and recommend a sip of the right content material advertising and marketing mix to depart you perked on your apply. And it’s all delivered in rather less time than it takes you to determine that there’s actually nothing to look at on Apple TV+.
In case you like this weekly play on phrases, we’d positive love so that you can overview it and share it. Hashtag us up on Twitter: #WeeklyWrap.
It’s your story. Inform it properly.
To take heed to previous Weekly Wrap exhibits, go to the fundamental Weekly Wrap web page.
The best way to subscribe
Cowl picture by Joseph Kalinowski/Content material Advertising Institute